Aha'aina - Royal Hawaiian Luau
Held on an oceanfront lawn at the iconic Pink Palace (The Royal Hawaiian) in the heart of Waikiki, the Aha'aina Luau invites you to an evening of celebrating Hawaiian culture. Watch a variety of presentations, including kapa making (a cloth made of pounded bark), poi pounding (poi is made by cooking and pounding the taro root) and na lawai'a (tending of fishing tools). A storyteller will be there as well to share interesting historical and cultural facts.
Later, enjoy a delicious luau feast that begins with the sounding of the pu (conch shell). The evening culminates with a spectacular performance, featuring hula dances as well as music from Hawaii and other Polynesian islands.
Full Luau (Premium or Standing Seating) includes 1 welcome drink and 2 drinks during the luau.
Premium Seating - Seating is 1st row of oceanfront tables, closest to the stage.
Cocktail Seating - Includes the show and 2 beverages (no food). Seating at 7 pm.
- Held on the Ocean Lawn at the iconic Pink Palace of Waikiki – the Royal Hawaiian Hotel
- Cultural presentations and hands-on activities
- Authentic Hawaiian luau buffet dinner
- Spectacular Polynesian performance
Aha'aina Luau Menu
Poi and Poke Station:
- Poi with Fresh Salted Salmon, Ho Farm Tomatoes and Maui Onion Ahi, Shrimp, Tako, Hamakua Tomato and Mushroom Poke on Ice Bar
Island Fruit Station:
- Sliced Pineapple, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Kula Strawberries, Mojito Style Mango
Island Salads Station:
- Island Coleslaw, JA Farms Caesar Salad with Portuguese Bread Croutons, White Anchovies and Pipikaula, Ho Farms Tomato and Cucumber Salad, JA Farms Baby Greens with Edamame, Ho Farms Tomatoes and Watermelon Radish
Hui Hui Grill Action Station:
- Local Island Chicken, Garlic Fried Rice, Wok Fried Choi Sum with Crispy Shallots, Roasted Vegetable Curry
Kiawe Wood BBQ Station:
- Korean BBQ Kalbi Ribs, Chinese Steamed Mongchong with Ginger and Scallion
- Real Above-Ground Kalua Pig Live Carving Station
- Royal Hawaiian Bread Pudding, Pink Haupia Cake, Halo-Halo Flan Waialua Estate Chocholate-Coffee Tiramisu
Gluten Free Menu
Royal Hawaiian Hotel
View to Diamond Head
Aha Aina Buffet Dinner
Royal Hawaiian Luau Grounds
Royal Hawaiian Luau Setting
Hawaiian Cultural Demonstrations
- Where and When:
- Check-in begins at 5:00 pm (Cocktail Seating checks in/begins seating at 7:00 pm) at the Royal Hawaiian, 2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815 View Map
- There is a 72 hour cancellation policy for this activity. Within 72 hours of your luau date there is no cancellations or refunds.
- Special Notes:
- A child (0-4 yrs) is free when they sit in the lap of an adult. These children do not include their own plate but are welcome to pick off the adult's plate.
You should select the pricing "Per Child in Own Seat, with Plate (0-4 yrs)" if you would like the child (0-4 yrs) to have their own seat (including siting in a highchair) and plate. Please note if the child with a seat will need a highchair, the luau will do their best to provide one but they may be limited.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Thursday & Saturday
- 2.5 hours
- Royal Hawaiian