Held under the stars at Oahu’s popular water park Wet 'n' Wild, complete with a stunning 50-foot backlit waterfall, Chief’s Luau is truly unique. It features world champion fire-knife dancer and comedian Chief Sielu, who is widely regarded as the best all-around entertainer in the Pacific.
Upon arrival at Chief’s Luau, you are invited to watch or participate in a variety of cultural presentations, hands-on activities and island games. Sip a Mai Tai tropical cocktail and then sit down to a delicious Hawaiian luau dinner, featuring traditional luau dishes blended with Hawaiian Regional Cuisine. After dinner, enjoy a Polynesian show with music and dances from Hawaii and greater Polynesia.
Choose from the following 2 Chief's Luau packages:
Paradise Experience: Seating in Paradise section, Kukui nut lei greeting, Hawaiian luau dinner, 2 adult beverages
Royal Experience: Seating in Royal section, fresh flower lei greeting, Mai Tai greeting, Hawaiian luau dinner, 3 adult beverages and souvenir gift
- Fun island games and arts & crafts, a delicious buffet dinner and Polynesian show
- Luau activities include a lei greeting, coconut husking, hula lesson, weaving, tattooing, imu ceremony and more
- Features Chief Sielu, a world-class Polynesian comedian who has been a guest on Late Night with David Letterman and Oprah Winfrey
Chief's Luau Menu:
- Mixed Island Greens
- Diced Pineapple
- Taro & Assorted Rolls
- White Rice
- Hawaiian Sweet Potato
- Succulent Butter & Garlic Braised Vegetables
- Vegetarian Chow Mein
- Slow Cooked Kalua Pork
- Roasted Tropical BBQ Chicken
- Asian Style Island Fish (Shoyu, Ginger)
- Pineapple Cake
- Poi & Lomi Lomi Salmon are served during the activities portion of the luau
- Cash bar available (Mai Tais, Wine, Beer, Soda)
Special Needs Menu
Vegetarian, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free
Optional Roundtrip Transportation: Most guests choose the convenience of driving to the luau in a luxurious motorcoach (this optional add-on includes Waikiki hotel pick-up and drop-off). Roundtrip is per person (select transportation option on purchase).
Chief's Luau Dancers
Best Oahu Luau
Samoan Fire Dance
- Where and When:
Hotel pick-up is available from 7 convenient pick-up points in Waikiki with departure times ranging from 3:35-4:20 pm depending on your departure location. The exact departure time and location will be emailed to you. Motorcoaches return to original departure point. If requiring an ADA bus lift, we require at least 48 hour notice. ADA Lifts are only available for guests in wheelchairs.
Please arrive at your departure location 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time, as Chiefs is unable to wait for guests arriving late. Look for a GREEN "Roberts" motorcoach and escorts who will be wearing red Polynesian outfits. If for any reasons you miss your bus, you will be required to find your own way to the luau. Return transportation to Waikiki will still be provided.
Check-in begins at 5:00 pm. Luau ends at about 7:45 pm.
Chief's Luau is located inside of Wet'n'Wild Hwaii. Don't use Google & Apple Maps -- they are leading people astray. Instead follow these directions: From Waikiki, find your way to H-1 West, Exit 1E Farrington Hwy, right at the traffic light, right into the parking lot.
Driving Directions from Waikiki: Take H-1 Freeway West. Follow signs to Waianae. Take Exit 1E and merge onto Farrington Hwy. Wet N Wild park will be on your immediate right.
Parking is $8 (cash only).
- No professional photos or videos are allowed.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (4 and under) allows children 4 and under to have their own seat and plate of food.
Photos are not included in luau pricing. They may be purchased at the luau or you may visit the photographer's website at www.mytouristphoto.com where you can find and purchase/download your luau photos.
- Operation Days:
- Open Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & Sundays
Also open on Thanksgiving & Christmas Day.
- 3.5 hours
- Chief's Luau
- Maximum capacity is 300 guests