Held under the stars at Oahu’s popular water park Wet 'n' Wild, complete with a stunning 50-foot backlit waterfall, Chief’s Luau is truly unique. It features world champion fire-knife dancer and comedian Chief Sielu, who is widely regarded as the best all-around entertainer in the Pacific.
Upon arrival at Chief’s Luau, you are invited to watch or participate in a variety of cultural presentations, hands-on activities and island games. Sip a Mai Tai tropical cocktail and then sit down to a delicious Hawaiian luau dinner, featuring traditional luau dishes blended with Hawaiian Regional Cuisine. After dinner, enjoy a Polynesian show with music and dances from Hawaii and greater Polynesia.
- Fun island games and arts & crafts, a delicious buffet dinner and Polynesian show
- Luau activities include a lei greeting, coconut husking, hula lesson, weaving, tattooing, imu ceremony and more
- Features Chief Sielu, a world-class Polynesian comedian who has been a guest on Late Night with David Letterman and Oprah Winfrey
Chief's Luau Menu:
- Mixed Island Greens
- Diced Pineapple
- Taro & Assorted Rolls
- White Rice
- Hawaiian Sweet Potato
- Succulent Butter & Garlic Braised Vegetables
- Vegetarian Chow Mein
- Slow Cooked Kalua Pork
- Roasted Tropical BBQ Chicken
- Asian Style Island Fish (Shoyu, Ginger)
- Pineapple Cake
- Poi & Lomi Lomi Salmon are served during the activities portion of the luau
- Cash bar available (Mai Tais, Wine, Beer, Soda)
Special Needs Menu
Vegetarian, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free
Optional Roundtrip Transportation: Most guests choose the convenience of driving to the luau in a luxurious motorcoach (this optional add-on includes Waikiki hotel pick-up and drop-off). Roundtrip is per person (select transportation option on purchase).
Chief's Luau Dancers
Best Oahu Luau
Samoan Fire Dance
- Where and When:
Gates open at 5:00 pm. Luau begins at 5:30 pm and ends at about 7:45 pm.
Physical location: Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii, 400 Farrington Hwy, Kapolei, HI 96707
Roundtrip motorcoach transportation from Waikiki is temporarily not available.
Driving Directions from Waikiki: Take H-1 Freeway West. Follow signs to Waianae. Take Exit 1E and merge onto Farrington Hwy, right at the light, right into Wet'n'Wild parking lot.
Parking is $8 (cash only).
- No professional photos or videos are allowed.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (4 and under) allows children 4 and under to have their own seat and plate of food.
Photos are not included in luau pricing. They may be purchased at the luau or you may visit the photographer's website at www.mytouristphoto.com where you can find and purchase/download your luau photos.
- Operation Days:
- Open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Sundays
Also open on Thanksgiving & Christmas Day.
- 3.5 hours
- Chief's Luau
- Maximum capacity is 300 guests